Happy New Year everyone!
It’s new year’s eve as I write this and we just finished up an amazing dinner of surf and turf at home. It was incredible but I’d be just as happy with just the surf.
Anyway, I wanted to pop in quickly to wish all of you a happy new year and to very selfishly and very quickly revisit a post from last year.
As I mentioned last year, I don’t do resolutions. But I do at least think about some things I could improve upon for the new year. So first, I thought we’d see how I did last year.
From last year’s list:
1. Blog more. Grade: D. This will be my 100th post this year (and, honestly, that’s why I’m pushing it out tonight instead of tomorrow). That’s seven fewer posts than last year and just 11 more than the first year I was blogging, which started in April! But I’m cutting myself some slack on this. I continue to resolve that I refuse to post just because I have to. That’s no fun for anybody. So I write when I have something to share. I’m refuse to start posting random pretty pictures with no point just to meet a quota. I think this keeps everyone happy.
2. Be a better blogger. Grade: B. I think I’m getting better at this.
3. Use my passport more. Grade: A. I used it as much as I had the opportunity to this year, which was technically just once (well, once for international travel; I often use my passport as my ID when I travel), to England in August. It was the only business-related travel opportunity I had this year, and I’m happy I took it. After all, I obviously became Kate’s best friend. Perhaps I’ll be named the godmother of the future royal baby!
4. Bring lunch to work. Grade: C. I did really good at this at the beginning of the year but as soon as life got busy I went back to my old habits. I give myself extra credit because I now take yogurt every morning so I always eat breakfast, and that’s something. It’s something to continue to try to work on.
So what am I thinking about for 2013? Here we go:
1. Read more. I used to be voracious reader. People say that all the time, but I really was. I just got a Kindle (the paperwhite one so I can read in bed when Mr. Much More Patient is sleeping without disturbing him), so I think that will help. I’ve already whipped through one book and I love it.
2. Exercise. I officially give up on looking like Jennifer Aniston. I just want to be healthy. That last sentence is not true. But either way … it doesn’t come from sitting on the couch so the process is the same.
3. Blog better. I strive to make this blog better looking, more interesting and a better read. I want to give you a reason to come back every day (or every third day as the case seems to be).
I could probably go on, but let’s not get crazy here. I wish you all a great 2013 and thanks for hanging out with me in 2012.