|Hudson, modeling how I feel today.|
At about 3 p.m. yesterday, it occurred to me that perhaps I bit off a bit too much of this renovation project for myself. As you know, I suffer from TES: Time Estimation Syndrome, in which I estimate everything will take way less time than it actually does. And this weekend it all came down on me at once.
For some reason I thought it was realistic to do the following this weekend:
1. Move back into the living room.
2. Install a floating bamboo floor in both bedrooms.
3. Prime and stain all of the cedar trim for the deck.
4. Paint the bathroom (AGAIN! The right color continues to elude me).
5. Design the built-ins for the bedroom.
6. Spray paint the mystery item (mentioned on the Impatient Gardener Faceboook page).
Here’s what really happened this weekend:
1. Moved back into the living room. Yay! (But still plenty of cleaning to do).
2. Installed most of a floating bamboo floor in
both ONE bedroom.
3. Primed and stained all of the cedar trim for the deck under 1 a.m. two nights in a row.
Paint the bathroom (AGAIN! The right color continues to elude me).
Design the built-ins for the bedroom.
I also wanted to catch up on a lot of blog posts, but that didn’t happen either. And now I just want a nap.