As I often do this time of year, here’s a rundown of the projects that are on the to-do list. If you know anything about my to-do lists, you know that there has never been a time when everything gets crossed off, but for me, a list is the first step to getting myself in the right frame of mind to prioritize projects.
Gardening related tasks
This is obviously my favorite category because I love knowing that spring is coming, even when the weather tries to tell me differently.
- Plan vegetable garden, take stock of current seeds and order new seeds. (Here’s what I ordered last year.)
- Order onion sets and other vegetable garden (non-seed) items (i.e. specialized fertilizers, assorted gizmos, etc.).
- Scope out new perennials and shrubs I might be interested in.
- Possibly re-design the mini garden bed by the garage (below).
- Clean out the basement. Yuck. Not looking forward to that.
- Sand the wall texture in the hallway.
- Paint walls and trim in the hallway.
- Finish the dresser refinishing I started well over a year ago.
- Paint the file cabinets.
- Hang art on the wall I look at all day.
- Plan the pergola for over the garage doors.
- Order pergola brackets (I feel safer ordering them than building them).
- Cut pergola pieces.
- Stain/paint pergola parts so it is all ready to be installed in spring.
- Add some trim around the garage doors and replace damaged trim.
- Look into new garage doors.
- Find new outdoor lights for the garage.
- A good friend of the blog and I have been cooking up what could be a very cool somewhat regular feature that is gardening related. Now we just have to translate talk into action.
- What do you guys think? Is a redesign in order? I went through so many redesigns, at least two of them paid for, until I settled on this one that I did myself and I’ve been pretty happy with it, but I wonder if the site couldn’t use a little sprucing up. Any thoughts?